Tsumkwe Bound...
All is well in Windhoek! I'm slowly working my way around town and did something crazy! I bought a mobile phone! Seriously and its not an iPod phone. For those who know me you may be very surprised by this, I sold out. Please don't hate me brother. If you have a mobile and would like to SMS me...or even SMS me from the web, let me know and I'll send you my phone number.
Anyway onto less serious matters. I'm on my way up to Tsukwe this Sunday (June 18th) and will be stopping in Otjiwarongo (say that 10 times!!) for a couple of days before I move on to Windhoek. The drive will be very long, but I'm excited to start me placement and meet everyone I'll be working with. So far I've met lots of other nice volunteers from Holland, UK, Canada and Kenya. I think Friday will be a "big" night out so I'll make sure to email everyone the details.
The people here all seem great and I spent some time at A. Spapena Senior Secondary School. Its national African childrens day today so I got to watch some amazing perfomance and singing. Amazing really. I started working with a guy by the name of Kelox from Namibia. He's an IT Trainer at A.S.S.S.S. and I'll hopefully help him network some computers tomorrow. I also met Marlon Brando from Apocalypse Now in a wharehouse. No joke. I decided not to join up with him! Instead of ivory it was software.
Anyway, have to run! Please send comments to these posting so I know what's going on...or if you have any questions. Boys, please keep in mind other people (Parents, VSO, work, etc...) will be reading these.
Jason

1 Comments:
Hello! The weather has been great and beers are about $1...all in all el paridiso. Christine, nice to hear from you...how are you doing? Say hello to Drew...I hear you'll be an aunt!
2:12 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home