This blog was set up for my trip to Namibia with VSO.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Jaason and the spider

Well its official, I killed my first spider. It was crawling on the wall so I consulted my guide and it looked like all the poisonous spiders the warned us about. Most of them don't kill, but the bite is pretty bad...so don't worry mom. Watching the spider I sensed the need to protect myself...the broom outside the door called me name. As I gripped it in my had I felt the rage of the broom fill me. I let myself swim in the rage as I cornerned the beast. My muscled tensed and I swung! Unfortunately the spider was quicker and dropped to the group. Also in rage it charged. We danced. The broom vs. his fangs, only one of us would finish this dance. The sprits were kind this day and the rage of the broom help true and I slayed the beast. I know wear the broom on my hip. Fantasy! Anyone know what I'm talking about?

All is well and I'm in Otjiwarongo at the moment. I'll be here for 2 days and then will be on my way north to Tsumkwe. Its a nice little town and I managed to find an internet cafe. BTW, I was able to create a small network at the A.S.S.S.S. with a printer share. Nothing really exciting...but he was very happy. I'll need to check in with him when I return to Windhoek.

The big night out in Windhoek was fun! We went to several clubs and got home around 6 in the morning. There's quite a few nice clubs and we did some dancing. The following night was International Music Day and I met up with some Dutch volunteers to watch some bands. It was quite fun, but I was home bf 12 and had a good sleep for my trip to Tsumkwe.

Well, I had better go. Hope this finds everyone well and you enjoyed my story!!!!
-j

Ps. Please excuse my spelling! I'm going for quantity not quality... ;P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home